Friday, 6 May 2016

Five Crazy Creatures for Five on Friday


As mentioned in a previous post our Branch of the Embroiderers' Guild started a JETS (Junior Embroiderers' and Textile Students) group at the end of last year. We meet in my local Parish Council Hall and the group is growing steadily. The Parish Council hold a Summer Fete each year in July so the local community can get together and have some fun. I thought this would be a good opportunity for the JETS group to be involved in the wider community and also raise some funds. We plan to offer an activity for anyone who would like to try their hand at stitching, kits to sew and small stitched items for sale. 

We were lucky enough to be gifted lots of fabrics, threads and embellishments when the group started. So we have plenty of resources for the students and enough left over to make kits and items to sell. Among all the resources there was a large bag of small felt squares, which were left over from a Guild activity last year. I set myself the challenge of making something with them........

So here are my Five Crazy Creatures for Five on Friday!

1. Funky Chickens


2. Sweet Hearts


3. Wise Owls


4. Bouncing Bunnies


5. Pretty Puppies


They are all little brooches and will hopefully raise a few pennies for our group. 
The plan is to be able to buy some art materials and a junior sewing machine in the future.

Now, there is a huge bundle of net fabric, 
what could I make with that............??




15 comments:

  1. They're adorable! I first thought the owls are my favorite but then I looked at them all again and no, no favorites. They're all sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my favourite keeps changing each day!

      Delete
  2. Such a great five, I am sure they will sell quickly giving you the funds you need for future projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed they will appeal to buyers!

      Delete
  3. These creatures make smile even the most angry and sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed making them as they seem to have their own character.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure the JETS have a lot of fun being creative. Getting involved in the Summer Fete will be a great experience and a good way to raise funds. I like the funky chickens with the dangly legs, but they're all delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The students all seem to enjoy our JETS sessions and we may gain a few extra members through the Fete. It is great getting youngsters stitching.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful lot of creations. I admit to liking the owls the best. I hope you raise lots of money. It's always great to encourage children to keep up with the crafts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely seeing the students developing their skills even in the short time we have been meeting. My favourite changes every day!

      Delete
  6. How adorable, love the funky chickens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I keep changing my mind about my favourite!

      Delete
  7. They are adorable aren't they!! I hope that they all sell and raise lots of funds for the group. The puppies are adorable and so are the hearts! Thank you for joining Five On Friday this week, hope you have an enjoyable weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh they are all gorgeous but I like the chickens best. I'm sure you'll make loads of money and that they'll be really popular. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all adorable but the bunnies are my favorite.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for reading my blog. I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to reply as soon as possible, but this may take me a few days.