Friday, 1 July 2016

Five on Friday - Fete



The boxes are all packed and ready, lists have been written and ticked off and I hope (fingers crossed) that everything is ready for the Fete tomorrow. It is the annual Parish Council Summer Fete where the community gets together and celebrates what goes on in our local area. As the JETS (Junior Embroiderers' & Textiles Students) Group meet in the Parish Offices, we were invited to take part.  

Here is glimpse of what the boxes contain:

1. Fabric and Thread


Fabric packs with an assortment of different fabrics, embroidery floss and fancy yarn.


Spools of thread in lots of colours.


Colour packs of different fabric scraps, many of which are hand dyed.
Great for making colour collages.

2. Children's Brooches


I wrote about making these from felt scraps in a previous blog.

3. Key rings


More felt scraps fashioned into something useful!

4. Sewing Accessories


Cottage needlecases that were surplus from the student's activity. 
I cheated and used the sewing machine to do the final construction.


Fabric covered containers for your bits and pieces and sewing jars with all the essentials inside and a handy pin cushion on top.
All these items will be for sale to raise funds for our group.

Last but not least...........

5. Stitching Activity


 The most important box of all 
with all the things needed for everyone to have a go at stitching.

Now I must not forget to pack the scissors............

Joining with Amy at Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.




22 comments:

  1. A great five. Hope all goes well and that you manage to raise some money for funds. Looks like a fun activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am looking forward to getting on with it now after the preparations!

      Delete
  2. Good luck at the fete! Your goodies look wonderful. It makes me wish I was close enough to go!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be lovely to see you if you were near enough Sharon.

      Delete
  3. You have lots of lovely things there, I especially love the brooches and cotton needle cases - so sweet. I wish you the very best of luck , I am sure you will raise lots of money. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it will be lovely to meet new people and maybe attract a few more students to JETS.

      Delete
  4. Have a great fete, I'm sure it will be a big success. All we need is a spot of dry weather . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh yes, I hope the rain holds off. The organisers have had problems marking out the field and trying to avoid boggy areas. Thankfully we will be indoors.

      Delete
  5. I hope that it goes really well and that you have a wonderful time! The brooches and keyrings are lovely. Enjoy the day! Thank you for joining in with Five On Friday. I hope you have a fun weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for hosting F on F!

      Delete
  6. How nice. I really like the sewing jars, so pretty and so useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm pleased with how they turned out.

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the fete I'm sure you'll do well. I really like the glass jars with the pin cushion lid, perfect for keeping important bits and bobs together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we had a very interesting day.

      Delete
  8. Some fabulous ideas there! I hope the weather is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were lucky with just a few showers between the sunshine.

      Delete
  9. Superb 5. Hope it all goes well. Do let us know. Will be thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is really kind of you.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing your creative five! I enjoyed seeing your clever makes and I hope you had a successful gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like it is going to be loads of fun!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for reading my blog. I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to reply as soon as possible, but this may take me a few days.