Monday, 8 August 2016

Shirley and Friends Update

It is almost a month now since Shirley the Sheep introduced herself here. I packed her off on her adventure to Yarndale and thought that would be the last I saw of her. There were times when I wondered if she had arrived safely in Yorkshire but trusted that she would be having a fine old time where ever she was. While looking through my Instagram feed this weekend I was thrilled to see a picture from Lucy at  Attic 24 of lots of lovely, woolly, Yarndale sheep. Hopefully Shirley would be among the crowd enjoying herself.

Attic 24 photo

Imagine my surprise when the next picture that appeared was this .......

Attic 24 photo 

.......... Shirley at the front of the flock! 
I hope she had remembered her manners and had not pushed her way to the front. They all look very happy and appear to be having lots of fun. 

It is incredible that from just two patterns, one crocheted and one knitted such a variety of different sheep emerge.  The creativity is just fantastic from coat decoration and edging to hats, bows, bobbles and pearl necklaces. Each sheep has it's own character and facial expression, which is priceless. For me the love, care and attention of the creators of these gorgeous woolly sheep is phenomenal. When there is often so much sadness and tragedy in the news it is good to know there are people out there willing to give a little time and creativity to be part of a great community project. I hope lots of funds will be raised for Martin House Hospice through the auction of the sheep at Yarndale and each little woolly sheep will bring much happiness to their new owners.

If you would like to join in the Yarndale Little Woolly Sheep project all the details can be found here.

Sending a big, big thank you to Lucy at Attic 24 and Frankie Brown for the patterns and all the organisers of Yarndale for making this happen. Although I will not be going to Yarndale it has been great to be a tiny part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for reading my blog. I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to reply as soon as possible, but this may take me a few days.