Saturday, 8 October 2016

Willen Crafty Tea Time and Sock Update

Thank you for all the good wishes for our Crafty Tea Time Event in aid of Willen Hospice yesterday. It was a wonderful day full friends, family, tea, coffee, cake and memories of our lovely friend Doti. There was lots of laughter and a great celebration of her many talents. 
The total raised at the end of the day was an amazing £1620.50. 
A great tribute to a very special lady.



This mixed media picture came home with me because, I believe it encapsulates Doti's quirky style and sense of fun. I will always think of her every time I look at it and remember the fun and joy of the time we spent together. 


On a completely different note and with a huge sigh of relief, the sad sock has become a happy pair.

 

My toes (and legs) will be kept warm this winter.

The Kingfisher yarn is on the needles and the first cuff is complete. 
I just hope they do not take quite as long to complete!





11 comments:

  1. A fantastic result on your crafty tea time event and what a great tribute to your friend. Well done on completing your socks, looking forward to seeing what the kingfisher yarn knits up like. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day on Friday. Once I've completed a few more rows I'll post a picture Jan.

      Delete
  2. Well done on raising such a wonderful amount. The socks are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina we were very pleased with the result.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that really was a great amount raised, well done. Love the socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were thrilled with the final figure. Everyone was very generous.

      Delete
  4. Love your new piece of artwork and of course those amazing socks!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith, the socks are really comfortable too.

      Delete
  5. Glad the event turned out great! Nice socks ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for reading my blog. I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to reply as soon as possible, but this may take me a few days.