Saturday, 31 December 2016

2016 Draws to a Close

2016 draws to a close and another year has passed in the blink of an eye. Is it just me or is this something to do with age - the older you get the quicker the years pass???

It had been my plan to choose 9 makes from 2016 to create a collage, but failed as I could not narrow it down to 9 favorites so have had to create two, one for knitting and crochet and one for stitch. Jan at Jan's Ramblings has created great monthly montages over at her blog here documenting her year. An idea I hope to adopt if I can discipline myself to do so at the end of each month.



There has been much more knitting and crochet this year with lots of socks, shawls and cowls many of which have been given as gifts. My love for wreaths continues and they are now creeping into most areas of the house. The Yarndale sheep flock continues to grow and has raised almost £100 for our local hospice and MacMillan Nurses.


Stitching is still my first love although with more knitting and crochet there is sometimes a tussle when deciding what to do. Shirley the sheep was inspired by the Yarndale crocheted sheep and has developed into project books for knitters and crocheters. There are lots of ideas for more project books brewing for next year.  Project bag requests from friends has taken me back to bag making which is something I had neglected and now feel re-inspired. Stitched wreaths as well as crocheted ones have been created. 
(I wonder if there is a medical condition called wreathitis?)

Like most years 2016 has had its ups and downs, moments of celebration and laughter, sadness and tears. New friendships made, old friendships reaffirmed and grown stronger, friends lost and taken from us. It is the thought of those friends no longer with us that prompts me to give thanks for the last year and determination to make the most of 2017.
Whatever 2017 brings there will no doubt be more knitting, crochet, stitching and craft
 - and quite possibly more wreaths!

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and peaceful New Year.






11 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention - good luck with the photo collages, it is a fun thing to do. I mainly managed to complete the collages at the end of each month but did get a bit behind in the last three months so had to play catch up. Luckily the program I use puts everything in date order so it wasn't too much of a problem. I hope you will have more of your notebooks for sale in 2017, I would like to purchase some more, they are so gorgeous. Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, I've got lots of ideas to experiment with in the new year. I hope to get to grips and more organised with the laptop too in 2017. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  2. Two beautiful collages with lots of inspiring makes. Wishing you a happy new year. B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some beautiful makes, the collages were indeed an inspiration. Wishing you a wonderful New year and hoping for you everything you wish for yourself. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too and I look forward to seeing all your new craft ideas in 2017. One of the bonuses of blogging is being able to share our creativity.

      Delete
  4. The collages are a great way of recording and sharing your beautiful makes. You are an inspiration. Wishing you a happy new year full of creative days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  5. So many beautiful and polished makes - your sewing is really flawless. I love the project books, they are inspired. A belated Happy New Year to you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillian, I am sorry for not replying sooner but I have been away. I am a great admirer of your work so your comments are very inspiring.

      Delete

Hello and thank you for reading my blog. I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to reply as soon as possible, but this may take me a few days.