Thursday, 19 January 2017

2017 - What will you hold?

It is the 19th January and this is my first post of the year. Rather a late start but there is a reason for this - I have been on an Adventure. More about that later.

In 11 months time (next December) I will reach a milestone Birthday so 2017 feels like an auspicious year. I do not have a bucket list as in the past, plans have often been thwarted by various events and from experience this can lead to disappointment of goals not attained. My mantra is generally to live each day as it comes, but a few plans can be a useful way to jolt one's butt oneself out of a rut.  

The plan for 2017 is to challenge myself to new experiences and maybe have a few adventures along the way.

The year has got off to a good start with an adventure with the Jubilee Sailing Trust.

Lord Nelson Tall Ship
Photograph from JST website

I have just got back from sailing on this wonderful tall ship from Gran Canaria to Madeira and back.

The Jubilee Sailing Trust are an amazing organisation and charity that seeks the integration of able bodied and disabled crew on their two specially designed tall ships, Lord Nelson who was built  1984-86 and Tenacious whose maiden voyage was in September 2000. You can discover more about the history of JST here.

It is a long time since I had a holiday as I have not wanted to leave my lovely mum over the last few years but with her encouragement and plans for her care in place I took the plunge and booked a January trip. 

Starting the year with a bang!

There are still quite a few photos to sort and once that is complete I will share more of my adventure with you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing trip I am so looking forward to hearing about your latest adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!!! I look forward to hearing all about it! Well done you for going for it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for reading my blog. I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to reply as soon as possible, but this may take me a few days.