Friday, 17 February 2017

Five on Friday - A Pair of Pears

Joining with Amy at Love Made my Home for Five on Friday

This week a number of projects have started to to come together and one or two have actually been completed. The napkins I have shared before are now finished and ready to be used. As a Five on Friday topic they will have to be fudged as there are only four of them, but an extra photo makes five!


As mentioned previously I made place mats from left over fabric sometime last year. I toyed with the idea of making napkins to match and found some simple plain cotton napkins in the Christmas section of a store last October. They sat in a drawer along with several other WIP's until January this year. I wanted to keep them simple as they will be used daily, so decided to use a pear motif to reflect the fabric pattern on the place mats. To make them a little more interesting I changed the design slightly and used different embroidery stitches for each napkin. The leaves and stork stayed the same and were done in back stitch.


1. Chain stitch outlines and seed stitch decoration.



2. Stem stitch outlines with detached chain stitch 'pips'



3. Coral stitch outlines with french knot decoration



4. Twisted chain stitch with split stitch and detached chain core



5. Four pairs of pears

 


Knitting and crochet have been my main activities this winter so it has been a pleasant change to do some embroidery. As the days get longer and lighter the plan is to do more embroidery if I get myself organised and a few more WIP's finished.





40 comments:

  1. They are so lovely xx Perfect for any table. Such lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely! I like pears (better than apples) so I admit I might be biased :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm not that keen on pears but loved the fabric!

      Delete
  3. Love your pear napkins (great stitching) and place mats (great fabric). Have a fun filled week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! Maybe I shall do some more stitching.

      Delete
  4. How wonderful, I love your embroidered pears and I like how each napkin is different:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were fun to do and I'm happy with the result, thank you.

      Delete
  5. They are beautiful, you certainly have a talent for embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was good to do some stitching after lots of knitting and crochet.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful napkins. Love the stitching.

    Happy Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely pairs of pears!!! Very creative to go with your pretty mats too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are really pretty, just pear-fect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color and the sewing looks simple, but obviously it's not. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were all quite simple stitches and fun to do.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful napkins. I love all the green in the place mats and how the napkins complement them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased with how they have turned out.

      Delete
  11. Fabulous pairs of pears! They will be nice on any table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have pear shaped dishes, some clear glass plates, and smaller milkglass plates. They would be lovely with your placemats and napkins. If only I could sew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have to look out for some pear shaped dishes.

      Delete
  13. Oh Annie I really love these. Love that they are the same but different. I miss embroidery should really try and do some. Wish there were more hours... love your 5 today x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could all do with a few more hours in the day, but maybe then we would just have even more projects in the go!

      Delete
  14. So simple but so beautiful. Time I did some embroidery :). B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed stitching again so would really recommend it.

      Delete
  15. You are clever - I think they are lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty table you'll set with the placemats and coordinating napkins. Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the table looks bright and cheerful with them set out.

      Delete
  17. THose pears are so lovely and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you used different embroidery stitches for every napkin. I got an encyclopedia of embroidery stitches from a charity shop a few years ago and I like to browse through all the different stitches from time to time imagining projects where I might use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy stitch books too but find myself using similar stitches all the time. My plan for this year is to try some new ones and be more adventurous.

      Delete
  19. So cute! I love embroidered items. I found a couple of tablecloths at garage sales and I don't know how the owners could part with them!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I remember you sharing your plans about this project last year and I admire the finished set. It was interesting to see the stitches you've used and I like how each pear is different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have taken me some time to complete thinking back to my initial plans! They are in good use now.

      Delete

Hello and thank you for reading my blog. I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to reply as soon as possible, but this may take me a few days.