Friday, 17 March 2017

Five on Friday - Spring has Sprung in the Garden

Friday has come round quickly again and it is time for Five on Friday with Amy at Love Made my Home and Tricky and Carly at Fast. This is Amy's last week of hosting F on F and I would like to thank her for all her hard work and introducing me to many new blog friends. Good luck and best wishes for the future and I hope you will still join the party some Friday's Amy so we can catch up on what you are doing.
  
It has been busy week and at last there have been a few sunny days that have made a real difference to the garden. Spring bulbs have been pushing through the cold soil for some time but with sunshine and warmth earlier in the week there is more and more colour to enjoy every day.


The daffodils are now in full flower and are bright and sunny despite the overcast sky this morning.

Every day there are new treasures to be found either hiding in the undergrowth or shouting 'look at me'. 

The Camellia is definitely in the 'look at me' category. 
I do not think I have seen it with so many buds and blossom before.





The Pulmonaria is shy and hiding in the undergrowth of the shady part of the garden.


I pulled back some old stems of the ferns yesterday and there is was all velvety with its pretty blue and pink flowers.

At the front of the house the crocus were in full bloom and the daffodils were just coming through last week.


Today the daffodils are out and the crocus are beginning to go over.
Sadly there is no evidence of life on the potted hydrangea although the hydrangeas in the back garden are full of buds. Perhaps it has had enough and will need to be replaced.


The potted Pieris is full of life and has got it's frothy new clothes on.



 The flowers are almost weighing the branches down and remind me of big powder puffs.

Finally the primroses




They come up every year and spread themselves about cheerfully. The flowers look so delicate but the plants must be robust as they never fail to appear each year. 

We are fortunate to have had a mild winter, so far at least, as it is only the middle of March and Mother Nature may have more in store for us. It is good to see more sunshine after grey skies and the garden is definitely waking up. I am really looking forward to sunnier, warmer days and being able to spend more time outside with the plants. 






20 comments:

  1. Your Camelia is stunning. They don't grow in our soil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Camelia is amazing this year, it is a shame you cannot grow them.

      Delete
  2. Your garden is looking lovely with so much colour already. Beautiful camellias and primroses. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is surprising how it has just burst into life over the last week.

      Delete
  3. Such s joy to see all these gorgeous flowers. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a joy and luckily the lounge and my bedroom overlook the garden and gives me hours of pleasure.

      Delete
  4. How lovely to see the flowers popping up! I'm still waiting. We got some more snow today but it is 'supposed' to warm up a little next week.

    Happy Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it warms up soon Sharon, you seem to have had a long winter this year.

      Delete
  5. Oh that camellia bush! Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a joy to see all that color after the browns and grays of winter here in the Midwest. My daffodils have bloomed, but after seeing your photo, I must check to see if they have a variety which will survive in my Zone. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mainly grow Tete a Tete daffodils as they are small and sturdy and do not seem to mind the wind and the odd frost.

      Delete
  7. Your little Pulmonaria is exactly at the same stage as mine and the flowers do look soft and velvety. We seem to have lost one of our Pieris plants over the winter our garden is still so wet from it all. It's a lovely time of year though isn't it? I love the primroses:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep my Pieris in a pot as they do not like the wet clay soil of the garden and they seem quite happy even after several years of being pot bound.

      Delete
  8. All your flowers are beautiful, but I'm totally in love with your Camellia. So many buds, such a wonderful colour, and each flower so perfect!
    Wishing you a happy and sunny weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Camellia is beautiful this year although not quite perfect as it has some sooty mould which I will have to treat when it has finished flowering!

      Delete
  9. Spring is one of my favourite times of the year when all the flowers burst in to life :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your camellia is stunning! What a beautiful shade of pink

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flowers are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful spring colours in your garden. I especially love your Camellia bush. Just fantastic.
    It's sunny here today but very windy and cold. I had to wear my winter coat again this morning. x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for reading my blog. I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to reply as soon as possible, but this may take me a few days.