Saturday, 11 March 2017

Winter Projects

It had been my intention to join in with the Winter Link Project hosted by Jennifer over at Thistlebear during the darker months of winter. I have been following Jennifer's blog for a while and really enjoy seeing all her projects and those of the other bloggers taking part. Today is the final day of the Winter Link Party and Jennifer has kindly invited anyone who would like to, to join in. Often late to a party I can usually be found in the kitchen so here I am sitting at the kitchen table and would like to share some photos of projects I have done this winter.


This is the third pair of long socks I have made since learning to knit socks last year and were started at Christmas. It has been a long, slow project as I kept putting them down to do other things. Shorter socks and children's socks are much quicker and more fun so it may be a while before there is another pair of long ones on my needles. There is quite a lot of yarn left over so I think some children's socks might be next.


The baby blanket above was also started around Christmas and has now been gifted to my niece for her baby due at the end of the month. This was a real pleasure to make and I enjoyed experimenting with different patterns for the five different squares. I wrote about it here.


This shawl was started while I was on holiday in January and completed on my return. It is the Close to You pattern on Ravelry by Justyna Lorkowska and has been worn almost constantly since it was finished. It is light enough for warmer days but great to wrap round twice when there is a stiff breeze blowing down your neck.  I have some more yarn from the same hand dyer in a rusty red colour that will probably be knitted to the same pattern. 


My lovely sister in law gave me the Edward's Menagerie book by Kerry Lord for my birthday and this is Emma the Bunny. She was supposed to be for my niece's new baby but the alpaca yarn she is made from is a little too fluffy for a new born. Her tummy is over stuffed too (she must have been at the carrots). I shall make her again in cotton left over from the blanket and remember to not over do the filling next time. Emma Bunny has found a home as my Mum claimed her and she is very happily ensconced in her living room.


The rainbow blanket is my current project along with a cardigan for the new baby that was cast on yesterday. It depends on my mood as to whether I want to crochet, knit or sew. There has been some stitching going on too but for some reason there are no photographs of that. Another job to go on the To Do List.

It has been fun looking back at my winter projects and I am very grateful to Jennifer for prompting me to do so. Thank you for enabling me to join in at the last minute. 

2015-01-14_020





13 comments:

  1. Some lovely makes; you have been busy. Love the baby blanket and the blue shawl particularly. I'm still knitting socks, it's a total addiction at the moment! B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoy sock knitting too although I did get fed up with this last pair of long ones. The yarn was not what I expected so probably had something to do with it.

      Delete
  2. Yep, I understand. I have a lot of crochet bags to line, and crochet and sewing projects in the works. Right now my mood is to sit and read other peoples blogs and drink coffee!
    I think the bunny is adorable!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of your projects. I just put Close To You in my Rav library. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Close to You pattern is so simple but effective. I shall be making more.

      Delete
  4. Hi Annie, it's so nice of you to join in with my party! Thank you. I enjoyed seeing all your winter projects, you've had a busy few months. It all looks beautiful, nice work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer for allowing me to join in.

      Delete
  5. You've been busy with your knitting needles and crochet hooks these past few months and all your creations are beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing your rainbow blanket grow and all the other projects you'll be making in spring. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marion, there seems to have been many more yarn projects than stitching recently.

      Delete
  6. You have been busy! I love your stripy socks very much but of course all your projects look really lovely. I declared 2015 as my year of socks, when I designed and knitted a pair of socks each month. I have lost my sock mojo as soon as the year was over! My crafting choices also depend on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a lot of pairs of socks in one year. Perhaps your sock mojo will return soon.

      Delete
  7. Long socks are a cosy must for winter and yours look great, I love all the colours in them. You really have made a lot this winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love my long socks but not so keen on how long they take to make!

      Delete

Hello and thank you for reading my blog. I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to reply as soon as possible, but this may take me a few days.