Friday, 21 April 2017

Catching Up

It had been my intention to catch up with blogging and recent projects before Five on Friday came round again but here we are and Friday is upon us. Slowly, slowly I am becoming more familiar with the new laptop but much slower than I would wish. However, here a few projects I have been getting on with recently - happy distractions from technology.

1. Happy Scrappy Patches


Back in March I shared the Spring patch here using a Jessie Chorley screen printed patch. It was so enjoyable doing some simple stitch that I decide to create patches for the rest of the seasons in a similar style. Eventually they will be made into a wall hanging.

2.  New Pattern
Baby Kimono Jacket


This little baby kimono jacket was made from a Joji Locatelli pattern on Ravelry and was completed just in time for the arrival of the latest member of the family. My niece and her husband had a beautiful baby boy at the end of March. They are all well and very happy.

3. Old Pattern
Cardigan and Hat



This is an old family favourite pattern and has been made dozens of times over the years. My mother knitted it for me *!#*# years ago and every family member since. I changed the lacy panel to a cable pattern as I thought it was more suited to a boy. The hat is a very basic one given to me by a friend and again knitted numerous times. 

4. Sock Knitting


There is generally always a pair of socks on the go as they are so useful to take to appointments to while away the time if there are delays. This is a child's pair using up the leftovers from my last pair of long socks. Progress is slow but that is okay as it is useful to have something to pick up and go. 

5. Rainbow Blanket



The Rainbow blanket is growing, although again progress is quite slow. It is lovely and relaxing to do a few rows in the evening when I am tired and not in a mind for stitching or anything else that taxes the brain. The coloured stripes are completely random with no master plan, just bits and pieces of Stylecraft Special DK left over from other projects. There will be a lot of ends to stitch in and I keep thinking it would be sensible to do a few as I go along but it hasn't happened yet! 

Joining with Tricky and Carly at FASTblog for Five on Friday.
Click on the link to find out what others have been doing.









20 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, I'm just wondering how many times I can say the word love. I will try not to say it too much lol. I do love all of your makes above. The patches are beautiful so bright and cheery looking. I do enjoy knitting socks, though I've only made a few, something I want to get back to soon. (Love) your blanket, again bright and cheerful.
    I've followed your blog as I enjoy looking at peoples makes. All the best. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny, I have just been reading your blog Cathy as you were reading mine! Thank you for your kind comments. The rainbow blanket was inspired by one I saw on Pintrest and thought was a great way to use up odds and ends.

      Delete
  2. You are busy! I love your seasonal patches. The baby kimono is too cute. I love the "vintage" patterns and am so please when I see them in "action". Some things just never go out of style -- especially hand made baby items. Love the afghan -- fun color. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love old or vintage patterns too and have a great collection that used to belong to my mother. Some things never go out of fashion!

      Delete
  3. Just catching up too. Love all your makes but particularly the knit using the vintage pattern, a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely to hear from you and I'm so pleased you are in your new home now. I still have my mother's original copy of the pattern as well as a more modern reprint.

      Delete
  4. You have some lovely craft projects here. I don't know which one I like best :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult to choose and probably like whatever I am working on at the time.

      Delete
  5. Hello Annie. I love the little embroidered patches you created. So charming! And thank you for sharing the pattern link to the adorable little sweater. Your blanket is so bright and cheerful in the colors set off by the white. I made a rolled edging for a similar blanket and didn't have to weave in all the threads. You can find the info here if you wish: http://lillymycat.blogspot.com/2014/06/crochet-along-as-we-go-stripey-blanket.html
    Enjoy your weekend, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat, I will check out the edging on your blog, as stitching in the threads is always very tedious. My nephew in law has just sent me a picture of Little A in his new jacket and he looks very cute!

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you are being kept busy Anne. And you've reminded me I should really cast on some more socks... I like to have a pair on the go for those waiting times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Socks are great for 'grab and go' aren't they? I try to avoid turning a heel when out and about though as it usually goes wrong!

      Delete
  7. I think your patches are absolutely beautiful, high praise from someone that makes patches for a living!
    Hope you had a great weekend, thanks for taking part in Five on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the patches too, they're brilliant. I especially like autumn, I've got a bit of a thing for toadstools. Well done on the blanket, it's always very satisfying to make something lovely from leftover bits of yarn. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love toadstools and fungus too as they come in such an amazing range of colours and shapes.

      Delete
  9. Hello Annie. I've been catching up with your news and reading your recent posts. I'm so glad that you're getting used to the technicalities of your new laptop as I can relate to the frustrations that can occur when using the personal computer. It's one reason why I haven't been able to blog so often recently. My problem is learning how to download photos and edit them after the familiar photo editing programme I use was phased out. Thank goodness for being able to do something creative and relaxing such as your beautiful makes or enjoy your garden this Spring season. Wishing you a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, it is good to catch up with you. I hope you have found a photo editing program you are happy with. A similar thing has happened with the publishing programme I used and I'm still trying to find an alternative. Take care and have a good week.

      Delete

Hello and thank you for reading my blog. I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to reply as soon as possible, but this may take me a few days.