Sunday, 30 April 2017

Five on Friday - Late!

I am rather late to the party with Five on Friday or should that be Five on Sunday? It has been an odd week when my 'get up and go' seems to have 'got up and gone' leaving me tired and trying to catch up all the time. April has gone by so quickly, it is difficult to comprehend that May is upon us. So a little last minute I am joining with Tricky and Carly at Fastblog for the Friday round up.

Earlier this week I suddenly realised the workshop I was attending at the end of the month was actually this Saturday. Mild panic as I was not even sure where the venue was and if I had all the requirements necessary. Fortunately the tutor Nicola Jarvis brought packs for all the students and all we needed was an embroidery hoop, a sharp pair of scissors and lunch. Easily do-able so panic over and after pouring over Google maps I worked out my route to the Community Centre where the workshop was held. I do not have a Sat-Nav but I'm seriously thinking about getting one. The workshop was great, creating one of Nicola's Bijou Bird designs in hand stitch. It is such a luxury to sit and sew for a day and not think about all the domestic tasks that would be trying to take priority at home. You can see more of Nicola's beautiful work here
Here is a peek at my progress so far. There is still a lot to do but I am looking forward to finishing it and I shall write a separate post about the day later.


There has been some other stitching this week too as I have been creating some new Project books for a my Etsy shop and prizes for other projects. More about those later.


My poor sewing machine is looking rather dusty in this close up. I do clean it before every sewing session, honest, but working with a felt base does throw a lot of fibres up.

The rainbow blanket I shared last week is continuing to grow slowly although is in competition with a new CAL that I could not resist. It is the Hotel of Bees CAL organised by Sandra at Cherryheart and Sam at BetsyMakes. The pattern is by Christina Hadderingh at a Spoonful of Yarn. It is a lovely pattern that is very addictive, although requires some concentration. There has been some ripping back when I have been too busy looking a the TV instead of my crochet.

I am on the third and final section and will reveal all when it is complete.


The garden is looking lush despite having very little rain for many weeks now. I cannot remember such a dry April in a long time. It has been cold too this week and not conducive to pottering in the garden.


The blossom has been beautiful and the miniature apple tree is still wreathed in pretty flowers despite the cold and a few frosty nights. 


Well, reading through I seem to have promised three future posts so had better get myself organised, projects completed and writing done. Perhaps having a target will help me focus.

I hope you have all had a good week and are enjoying the long weekend if you live here in the UK.










12 comments:

  1. April has gone by very quickly hasn't it? I can't believe it's May tomorrow. The apple blossom looks gorgeous and I love the bird you started at the workshop:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April has whizzed by, let's hope May is warmer and does not go as quickly.

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed reading your blog post. It's all lovely, glad you made time to put it together. The year does seem to be flying past at an alarming rate.
    Have a good week. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is not a sign of age that time is passing so quickly!

      Delete
  3. Lovely blossom. What a great way to spend a day immersed in needlework. I need to find a workshop like that! Hope it helped to perk up your 'get up and go' ! B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very enjoyable, relaxing day with good company. I think we all need space and time for 'away days'. I would certainly recommend a workshop so I hope you find one.

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful blossom and I too loved the bird you are working on. Time is certainly flying by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a choice of a blackbird or robin and although I love robins the blackbird was my favourite. I'm looking forward to finishing it.

      Delete
  5. Your garden is looking as if there's lots of wonderful plants just waiting to bloom. Ours is the same as it will be the peonies and oriental poppies coming out soon. I hope our apple blossom sets and is not damaged by the wind or frost. I know you must have been inspired by your workshop with Nicola Jarvis and your embroidery you started is going to be lovely. Wishing you a good week as you continue with your creative makes and other interests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gardens are full of promise at the moment with lots of plants coming into bud. I hope your peonies are making good progress as they are always so beautiful. The Nicola Jarvis workshop was a real boost after a mixed week.

      Delete
  6. It started to bloom here too and then it froze, poor plants and flowers ! I don't have a green thumb and like to sit in a garden but not to work in it,lol !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a difficult Spring for the plants this year. I hope your plants recover when it gets warmer.

      Delete

Hello and thank you for reading my blog. I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to reply as soon as possible, but this may take me a few days.