Friday, 5 May 2017

Garden Flowers

Friday has come round more quickly this week with May Bank Holiday Monday. I seem to have been a day behind all week. It has been chilly here, as we have been mostly under cloudy skies with a brisk easterly wind, so time spent in the garden has been shorter than usual at this time of year. There is still much to do, but the ground is so dry it is impossible to get on with some jobs. It is remarkable how most things are flourishing despite the lack of rain.  When the sun has been out I have taken the opportunity to snap some of the growth and early blooms.

The flower beds are filling out.



The climbers are reaching for the sky and the fence that was repaired last year is beginning to be clothed in plants again.





The shady area at the top of the garden is springing into life




Even in the darkest corner the ferns are beginning to unfurl.


The Ranunculus are simply beautiful in colour and in form.



It may not have been as warm as I would have liked and certainly not warm enough to sit out but every trip into the garden has brought pleasure so that cannot be all bad can it?

I hope you have had a good week. 
Joining with Tricky and Carly at FAST blog for Five on Friday.













19 comments:

  1. Your garden is looking pretty. I love all that promise of new growth in spring. We are going into the deeper part of autumn with gardens looking jaded and ready for their winter rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is probably my favourite month in the garden. The ebb and flow of the seasons across the world is wonderful.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos Annie. I was never that appreciative of flowers until I started blogging. Now I see beauty everywhere. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is surprising the impact of blogging can have upon us, introducing us to new things. Have a good week.

      Delete
  3. Wow your garden is certainly growing! Things are slowly moving here but the nights have still been frosty. Not good. The grass and dandelions are starting to grow though.

    Happy Five on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dandelions seem to get everywhere although I look more kindly on them now since I discovered they provide an early source of food for bees emerging from the winter.

      Delete
  4. Mother Nature at her finest, such a joy to see your lovely garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, if is such a lovely time of year in the garden.

      Delete
  5. Lovely to see your blooms in the garden for Five on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your five this week. Your beautiful flowers have perked up my day. Here in Texas USA we have had so few hot days so far this year that even our grass is still dormant. Thanks for sharing all those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bluebells seem to be lasting a long time this year, whoopee! Your garden looks great, I wish it would warm up a bit though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden looks green and lush with so many lovely plants thriving and flowering or just about to bloom. That plant that looks like a Solomon's Seal is tall! Seeing your orange geum reminded me that my little plant that I got at a plant sale a couple of years ago is surviving and that makes me happy. I'm sure that's true of seeing plants doing well in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden is indeed looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden looks lovely! Your fingers must be very green. Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful pics with us, you have cheered me up on a very gloomy Saturday. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden is looking so good, and I bet it's looking even better now after all the rain we had last week. I hope you've had some warm sunny days and been able to sit outside in that beautiful space. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden is looking really pretty. I have just started blogging again after a long break so please do come and visit. You will see a piccy of your notebooks there! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for reading my blog. I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to reply as soon as possible, but this may take me a few days.